Sunday, December 6, 2009

Baby Food

One of the decisions I made while I was pregnant was that I was going to at least try to make most of Kallen's baby food. I experimented and made a couple batches in the beginning, then got lazy and bought a whole bunch, but last week I decided to go back to my original plan. The reason why should probably be because of nutritional value, but anyone who knows me knows that it is not really my personality to look up all the little facts about what vitamins and nutrients are in different foods. Honestly, I was just getting really sick of constantly running to the store to get more baby food. So I spent the last two days trying to keep Kallen busy with other things so that I could whip up a bunch of food for him. Here is the website I referred to: http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/
Last year for christmas I asked for a food processor- anticipating that I would one day be making baby food. I had no idea how much I would really use it. I throw almost everything in here and it comes out instant food for Kallen!!
Here is what my refrigerator looked like by the end of the day. I only have 2 freezer trays so these containers are just waiting to be frozen.

I found these trays at Babies R Us. Each section is 1 ounce so it makes it super easy to just pop out a cube and warm it up!

Here are the bags of "delicious" food just waiting to be eaten! :P

Foods I made this weekend:
Sweet Potatoes
Apples
Pears
Broccoli
Cauliflower
Blueberries
Spaghetti Squash
Carrots
Pears

3 comments:

  1. Have you tried avocado? Ella loved it when she was a baby and it was so easy to get ready. Don't know if you can freeze it though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job, Tiff!! I barely made anything for Bennett. Maybe squash a couple times. But I did give him avacado a lot too. You've inspired me to do more this time with Dawson! I'm sure its WAY cheaper. I used to buy Earth's Best a lot and that stuff gets expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very impressed! I never made any baby food in my life! Gerbers made a fortune off of me. What a great mom you are!

    ReplyDelete