Monday, April 19, 2010

As my son grows up, I am quickly realizing that I am more of a "toddler person" than a "baby person". Don't get me wrong, I loved the newborn phase- but even more I love watching my little boy learn to communicate and start putting things together in that little head of his. I love his VERY busy little personality and I suppose I even love the fact that he is not a "clingy" child. (even if that does mean that he will NOT cuddle at all)

Here are some little quirky things that Kallen does:

- When I vacuum he hides underneath the kitchen table, watching intently, and does not come out until the vacuum is put away.

- He thinks that all bracelets are made to go around your ankles/feet and whenever he finds one of my bracelets he will immediately put it on his foot and walk around the house, getting mad when it falls off.

- Some afternoons he spends 20-30 min just lying in bed with his blanket right by his face looking around and talking to himself. He never does fall asleep- it's like he just needs a little alone time- and when he's done, he will stand up and say "mamamama" until I come back up to get him. (that is usually in addition to his 2 daily naps)

- He is a typical boy in that he LOVES balls!! My mother-in-law came up on Friday and we took Kallen to Toys R Us. He spent almost the entire time pointing out every ball he saw, saying "ba ba!"

- It doesn't matter how cool the toy is, Kallen will spend all of his time outside playing with rocks and dead grass.

- And last but most certainly not least, Pacifiers might just be the greatest invention ever! I originally thought I would take away his paci when he turned one but that only lasted a day. What can I say- my child LOVES his pacifiers!

No comments:

Post a Comment