Saturday, January 23, 2010

Biter Biscuits

Ok Moms, does anyone feed their children these biter biscuits??
I read in a magazine that by 10 months your baby should be able to eat these biscuits, so while I was at Target today I grabbed a box. Once we got home I was actually reading the box and I don't see any nutritional value or reason to feed these to my son.
Plus here are the results of him eating one:

I know that I really need to get over the whole messy thing, but it is hard when I know that if I just feed him myself we won't have much of a mess at all. Does my child really need to learn to feed himself this soon? Can't we go just a little bit longer before we have to deal with the mess? I will say that Kallen did seem to really enjoy his biscuit, which is good considering there are 11 more in the box. Not sure I will buy these again.

2 comments:

  1. you're right...the messiest thing you can ever give your child!! the only time i gave those to bennett was when i just wanted him to sit in his chair for a good 20 minutes. I'd strip him down and let him have at it :)
    And no...there's no reason he has to feed himself so early! I waited forever with Bennett (for the same reason) and now he's such a neat eater! Besides when he just wants to get messy...like today when he finger painted with peanut butter at lunch and "washed his hands" with his squash at dinner. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My answer is no too. I fed Ella for as long as she would let me, probably almost till she was 2. I never had to clean up a mess and when she did finally start eating on her own, she was very neat, crying out every time she got something on her fingers so that someone would come wipe it off. I am still feeding Zeke things that could have the potential for big messes, although he would probably prefer that I don't :) I never give my kids the biscuits just because as you have seen, there is no nutritional reason too, they are very messy, and they are pretty much processed garbage :) I really don't read too much about what my children should be doing at certain ages because I figure that they will eventually figure it out, in their own time. Seems to have worked so far.

    On a totally side note, Kallen is seriously the cutest!! Love those big eyes and long eyelashes!!!

    ReplyDelete