Monday, January 4, 2010

!! No children were harmed in the making of this video!!

This is enough to give any mother a heart attack! There is only one disadvantage to being married to a swim coach and that is over confidence in the pool. They say that by 9 months your baby should be able to go completely under water....I just didn't plan on testing that theory the very day that he turned 9 months old.


And then, as if that last video did not have me freaked out enough- Shawn decided that he needed to take it one step further.......yes that's right- he purposely dropped Kallen in the water and let him swim back up. The only thing that kept me from leaping in the pool after my son, was the fact that I have complete confidence in my husband's training and I know that he would never put Kallen in a situation where he did not have total control.


I will say that after seeing Kallen swim back to the top and deciding I could breathe again, I was very proud of our son! And now that I think about it, Shawn teaching Kallen to swim at an early age will definately put my mind at ease when we are around water. So I guess that being married to a swim coach had its advantages too! :)

3 comments:

  1. Want to see something really scary, search for infant swimming resource on youtube. Someone posted one of these videos of their child to their facebook account and I just about had a heart attack. I think this is training that mothers should not be present for :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shawn knock it off! I can't handle that!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol! I love that sound you first made in that last video. I would've probably said something worse but my husband is also not a swimmer. :) I'll just have to watch in "horror" my kids learning how to design houses at 9months.haha! I always wanted to do baby lessons with the kids but never got around to it. Hopefully, I will never regret that! I should do lessons this summer. We have friends who just lost a 3yr old nephew this summer from drowning. :( The earlier they learn to swim the better, imo. :)

    ReplyDelete