Thursday, July 8, 2010

Our Big Boy

This sweet little boy had his 15 month check up today! While we were sitting in the waiting area a couple came in with their brand new baby girl for her first check-up and it almost made me cry! I feel like it was just yesterday that I brought Kallen in for his 1st appointment- but I guess I'll be doing all of that all over again soon enough!
Anyways, here are Kallen's stats:
Height: 30 3/4 in. (40%)
Weight: 21.6 (13%)
Head Cir: 18.5 (45%)
This was much better than his 12 month check up when he was only in the 1 percentile for weight! All in all he is just your average little boy! And he is definately 100% boy!! He spends his days throwing/kicking balls around, playing with rocks and sticks as much as possible, destroying anything he can get his hands on, and recently throwing EVERYTHING! (does anyone have any tricks to help with that last one? I can't get him to stop throwing things- so far I have tried time-outs and spankings and neither one has phased him. :S )
Aside from the throwing- Kallen has been soo much fun lately!! He is really picking up on following directions. Like if we ask him to go get his drink and set it on the table- he does it! I find myself telling him to do things just to see if he can figure it out! It also seems like he is much happier now that he can communicate with us- rather than getting frusterated and whining until we figure out what he wants. And the best part of all- he has been soo OBEDIENT!! Maybe all those months of discipline really did pay off! Last week he learned this fake little laugh which cracks me up! He will sit down to read books and just start laughing, or jabber something to me then laugh about it. I just LOVE it!!


No comments:

Post a Comment