Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Racoons? Squirrels? Nope, Kallen!

We spent the weekend camping in Pella at Lake Red Rock with Shawn's family. His Dad is 1 of 12 kids and every year the whole family (or as many as can make it) gets together for a weekend of camping and reconnecting. It is an amazing family and I feel so blessed to have married into it!
Our first night started out a little rough with thunderstorms and rain basically all night, but we managed to stay dry in our little tent and, suprisingly, Kallen slept through all of it!! The next night was PERFECT!! It was not too hot, not too cool and we all slept great!
Kallen woke up a little bit early and we had just managed to get him back to sleep so I went back to bed and Shawn stepped out of the tent to have some quiet time to himself. We had Kallen in his pack-n-play for the weekend so we didn't really worry about checking on him....I guess we should have! I woke up to this chubby little hand pounding on my leg and thought- Oh, Shawn got him out and told him to go wake up Mommy! When I sat up- here is what I saw:


Kallen had somehow managed to get out of his pack-n-play and had gotten into everything! Our tent was a DISASTER!! It looked like a wild animal had gotten into our tent....nope just Kallen! It is still beyond me how he got out- and luckily it has not happend since then. Shawn said he had heard someone rummaging around in the tent, but he just figured I was up and getting ready. I still have no clue how much our little boy ate for breakfast that morning, but boy was he having the time of his life and just beeming from ear to ear. :P
The rest of our weekend went GREAT! Yes it was hot and muggy, and Yes I have bug bites all over my feet and legs despite ridiculous amounts of bug spray, but it was all worth it to just be outside and slow life down for a few days! Plus we were surrounded with amazing people (I think there were over 90 people there this year) whom all have great hearts and are just a ton of fun to be around!!

1 comment:

  1. Love it, Tiffany!! Thanks for sharing! What a hoot! Kallen is such a cutie. I just loved it -- every time I saw him, he was putting a stick or a rock or something in his mouth.

    ReplyDelete