Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Smoothie Anyone??

Kallen has become a typical toddler in that you just never know if he will choose to eat his food or not.


The other night we were having a very healthy (NOT!!), last-minute meal of brats, cottage cheese and applesauce. ( I know- lots of gourmet meals going on over here lately)


Kallen would not eat anything and our rule is that if he chooses not to eat what I made for supper, then he still has to sit at the table until we are all done.


I had given up on him eating anything when he reached over, grabbed Shawn's glass of water, and started spooning in his applesauce.


Instead of getting after him like we probably should have, we decided to just sit back and see what would happen.
After the applesauce, came the cottage cheese, and little chunks of brat, all held together with water. It was looking pretty nasty and I thought "surely he is not going to drink that".


Wrong!


He drank the entire thing! And then proceeded to fill up his cup again. Gross!

He ended up devouring his entire meal in liquid form. (I guess that's I one way to get him to eat)

Apparently we need to just start feeding him smoothies for every meal.


P.S. I have no idea why his hood is up in all of these pictures. He probably put it up and didn't want to take it off. :P

2 comments: