Friday, May 13, 2011

6 months

Lincoln turned 6 months on May 1st, but we just had his check up today so I have been stalling his 6 month post.

Height: 27 1/2" (85%)

Weight: 18# 11oz (72%)

Head Cir: 17 1/2" (70%)


Eats: 100% breastmilk - I have started trying cereal/babyfood but he gags when the spoon even touches his mouth. I think he is going to be a little slow in the transition from milk to solids.


Sleeps: pretty good at night! He usually goes to bed at 9:00pm, wakes up briefly to eat around 5am, then sleeps until 7-8. Naps are something we are working on. If I would stay home all the time and keep him on a solid schedule he would probaby do great, but I have Kallen who just takes 1 nap/day and I really want to be able to go places in the morning and afternoon this summer. So Lincoln kind of just gets thrown into whatever we have planned for the day and if he naps- he naps. (it's bad I know :S )


Talks: he babbles off and on, he squeals when he gets excited, his new favorite thing is to suck on his bottom lip and spit, and he has the best belly laugh I have ever heard!! Occasionally Kallen gets him to laugh like no one else can and it is the sweetest thing ever!!


Moves: not at all!! Lincoln seems to have 0 interest in rolling. He sits up on his own very well and I really think he will skip rolling and just go straight to crawling. (which I don't think will be anytime soon) I am totally fine with him not being mobile- keeping track of 1 moving child is crazy enough!


Lincoln is still a very happy and smiley baby!

And although he is still somewhat laid-back, he is also starting to be kind of finicky. He HATES the heat! He spent every hot day this week crying and whining until I would strip him down and stick him under the fan (that is something we will be working on), also if you do not do things the way he wants- he will whine until you do. (another thing we will work on)

He is in that grabby stage where he will grab at anything he can get his hands on, and then of course it goes straight to his mouth! He eyes our food to the point where you almost feel guilty eating in front of him. haha He is definately going to be our little tank.

We love you so much Lincoln! You are such a joy in our lives!!



No comments:

Post a Comment