Monday, August 15, 2011

So I used to blog, and I really enjoyed it, but then my computer got knocked off the couch and it had to go live with the geek squad for a month. And while my computer was gone I had to borrow Shawn's, and then my blog started having issues and I could not post anything, so I blamed it on my husbands computer. Then the month of July turned into something I just tried to survive between a teething baby and a potty training toddler. (blog post on this coming soon) Then we took an amazing family vacation to Cozumel (possible post coming on this too?), then we got back and realized we only had 3 weeks left to accomplish all of our summer goals before we lose Shawn to swim season again. And so here we are- I finally picked up my laptop today and realize it was not Shawn's computer that was the problem but I figured it out!
So here is a quick photo dump of what we have been up to in the last 3 weeks!
(and perhaps someday I will have the energy time to recap the rest of our summer)

Hanging out with the neighbors!

A family trip to the zoo




 Ever wonder how an ostrich sits down?


I just thought it was interesting.

The zoo has a way of wearing our boys out.

We have LOVED trading date nights with another couple that goes to our church. We have kids within a month of each other, and they all play so well together! 


On Friday we headed to the state fair and the highlight for us:
Little Hands on the Farm!
It is Perfect for small kids and Kallen just Loved it!
Can you tell it was popular?


 Stroller Parking


My little buddy :)


(No matter how much I tried to darken this picture, Kallen's hair still blended into the sky....it is just that white. haha)





After they got done "farming" both boys passed out! (if you know my kids you know how rare this is)
Shawn and I both laughed, looked at each other, and said "now what do we do?"
So we walked around the 4-H exhibit building, bought a cup of cookies, and sat down to cool off in the beer tent while the kids slept. 


Saturday we headed back to my home town. They have a celebration called Old Settlers- it was my first time going to it in 10 years. 
This is my grandpa Dave teasing Lincoln.

Kallen and Aunt "Essie" watching the parade.

My little shadow
 (such a momma's boy)


My Grandma Mary is the one in black on the left. Doesn't she look great?!?

My parents have chocolate lab puppies right now, and boy did Kallen fall in love!

Here is just a little video that shows how excited he was. :)


Notice both of my children require extra hands to help save the puppy? :P
We have had such a great summer! Of course it always goes way too fast, but I am ready for fall! I'm not ready for Shawn to go back to school and head back into swim season for the next 6 months, but that's ok. We are going to have lots of free time on our hands this fall- let us know if you want to hang out!!


No comments:

Post a Comment