Sunday, August 12, 2012

Adventureland!!

Last year while we were working on potty training Kallen we used a sticker chart in which the reward was Adventureland. Being the amazing parents that we are, we never followed through and took him.....until Thursday. Shawn and I were way more excited than the boys (but I guess that would make sense considering they didn't even know what "going on a ride" meant).
We got to the park around 10:30 and headed straight for "the big tall thing"- the giant ferris wheel.
The boys did a pretty good job of waiting in line:

It was SO fun to watch their faces as the ferris wheel started to move. :)

Lincoln didn't seem to be phased at all (which is pretty typical for him)

I took the next two pictures because they show the personality differences between our boys perfectly.
Kallen wrapped his arms around Shawn, taking everything in, and needing a little reassurance that it was ok to be up so high in the air.

Lincoln, on the other hand, would not let me touch him, had to sit by himself, and was not phased at all by the ride. (which made me a nervous wreck between his squirminess and how close he was to the swinging exit door) 

I am not sure if Kallen is a little scared of heights or if he just warmed up quickly, but after the ferris wheel he rode all the rides without hesitation. It was so fun to follow the boys around and watch their excitement as they tried out each of the rides. 

I think we heard "Wow! Look at that!" about every 10 seconds.


When we came to this pig, Kallen said "Woah look at dat big pig! I want to touch it!" He went to check it out and in surprise exclaimed "There's a wady in dat pig!" haha

Behind the pig was this little pond, and I think Shawn was pretty proud when Kallen said "I don't want to ride anymore rides, I just want to fish in this pond."

I'm pretty sure Lincoln wore this smile every time he was on a ride. He Loved it!


I was really proud of Kallen for walking right up and getting on this one without hesitation. We even got him to put his hands up!

Moments like these make my heart happy.

Just to show you a little window into what life is like with this child with Way too much personality, Lincoln will sometimes randomly start walking like this:

It is kind of embarrassing.
And he will go straight from that goofiness to this boy with Lots of attitude:



We actually did not have to wait in very many lines, but when we did the boys had a great time swinging on the bars.


I knew we were taking a risk in the timing of our Adventureland trip (my boys are usually napping by 11:30) but I figured the boys would be so excited that they would do fine without a nap. That plan worked pretty well, but Lincoln finally gave up his fight around 2. 



We took advantage of our chance to only have one busy child and made our way over to the water park.

And this is where our adventureland pictures end. The water park was kind of fun but our boys are way too fast, with no fear of the water, so they had Shawn and I on high alert at all times!
I woke Lincoln up around 3:15 so he would get a chance to play in the water...

....and we decided to head out by 4pm. That water park was just a little too exhausting. :)
We had such a fun day!! And while I don't think Lincoln will remember much, I know Kallen will be talking about our trip for a long time! 

1 comment: