Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The Ledges

So I realize it is a little late to be blogging about labor day weekend, but that is the story of my life. :)
 
Have you ever been to Ledges State Park up between Boone and Madrid? It is AWESOME!!
Shawn and I used to go there a lot when we lived in Woodward, but we had not gone since we had kids. I really don't know why it took us so long to take the boys there, they were in heaven!!
 
They started by sliding down this nice little dirt slide:
 

And headed straight for the stream!
 

 
Shawn had them trying to catch minnows but they were a little too fast for my boys.
 
 

I can't believe how easy this picture was to take, I just told them both to sit on this rock and smile and they didn't even hesitate. Definately a first for these two.
 

 
Lincoln has been into picking up rocks lately so you can imagine the pure joy he felt when he saw how many there were. Once his hands were full, he started finding other places to stash them. :P
 
"Mom, look at my strong muscles! I moved all of these rocks!"
 
 
You know a little boy is having fun when his clothes look like this:
 
 
We packed a very "manly" picnic of deer brats, and Dorritos. ( I know terribly unhealthy)
 
 
Then, after a quick change of clothes, we decided to try hiking.
Kallen actually turned out to be a Great little hiker! But with Lincoln and his obsession of picking up every single stick and rock he sees, we were doing a little too much of this:
 
 
So we ended up hiking like this:
 

 Kallen spent a lot of time exploring off of the trails
 
 
And a little bit of time doing this:
 
 
Kallen was excited to make it all the way to the top and thought he needed to touch the sign.
 
 
A quick family photo to capture the moment and our day was complete.
 
 
Like I said, I don't know why it took us so long to take the boys there but we will definately be doing it again soon!
 

2 comments:

  1. This took me back to our adventures there as a kid! Thanks Tiff! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little guys are so cute! (As are their parents....) Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete