Thursday, August 13, 2009

Where did my newborn go??

"Well my mom says now that I am 4 months old I have to go to sleep all by myself"
We went to the doctor yesterday for Kallen's 4 month appointment and 2nd round of shots. He weighed in at 14.7 lbs 241/2 inches long which put him in the 50th percentile for both. He is getting to be so much fun!! His new favorite things are: his exersaucer (sp?), kicking his daddy (he just laughs and laughs), playing with mommy's hair, pinching people's skin, and trying to roll over. He is also learning to reach out his hands towards what he wants which has been really fun and helpfull!!
The doctor told us that at 4 months you reach the point where habits really start to form so if we want to break him of anything now is the time. I have enjoyed rocking my son to sleep almost every night since he was born, but...I suppose it is time to let that go and establish a bedtime routine. So- starting on Monday we are going to let Kallen put himself to sleep for bedtime and naps. I think this will be harder on me than him. :)

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with Kallen's bedtime!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did this tonight with Henry and it broke my heart! I had to go in the kitchen and do dishes while he cried and Dan stayed by his room to listen. It took 6 minutes and one more last hug from dad, but then he was out. :(

    ReplyDelete