Thursday, November 18, 2010

2 week checkup

This sweet little boy had his 2 week check up yesterday.
Because of his time in the NICU they had us do a 1 week weight check last Monday. I still couldn't drive so my Mom drove us to the doctor (that brought back memories :P) and kept Kallen entertained for me while we headed into the clinic. Lincoln was back up to birthweight which was 5lbs 12oz (I think we left the hospital at 5.6).
I knew over the course of this past week Lincoln had started to outgrow his preemie clothes so as we headed to the doctor yesterday I was just hoping for maybe 6 lbs. Well, this little guy shocked his momma when he weighed in at 6lbs 12oz!! His length was 201/2 inches (he was born at 18") which put him in the 78th percentile for height and the 20th percentile for weight.
We did receive some bad news though.... our pediatrician detected a heart murmer. :( He wasn't too concerned about it and said most of the time they correct themselves, but we have an appointment with the cardiologist on the 30th just to make sure nothing major is going on. My mother-in-law told me that Shawn actually had one when he was born and it just fixed itself over time so that was encouraging to hear!! I think maybe because of his time in the NICU I seem to be a little more on edge with Lincoln than I was with Kallen. Lincoln still just seems so small and fragile to me so when I hear about little things I find myself getting worried. (not a problem I usually have) But that is something I am just going to have to hand over to God!
All in all things are going really well around here! Kallen seems to have gotten through the rough patch and is now adjusting really well to having Lincoln around. I'll have to do another post to tell you about some of the funny things that have happened already! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment