Monday, September 26, 2011

Naptime Please!!!

"I don't care what you do as long as you stay in this room until I tell you that it's time to come out!"

These were my words to Kallen when he decided to come downstairs after a short 20 minute nap.
I NEED NAPTIME!!!
 I have found that it is absolutely crucial that I get at least an hour to myself to do the things that I need to do, or the rest of my day just spirals out of control. And when that happens, I loose all patience with my children, I find myself storming around the house frusterated at the chaos, and by the time my poor husband gets home from a long day at work....Watch Out!!!
Luckily Kallen plays pretty well in his room by himself.
Although today perhaps I should have been a little more specific on what I meant by "I don't care what you do". I do care when you hammer the walls with your plastic hammer (this kid swings a mean hammer- his room has many dents to prove it :/ ), throw books in the air and say "it's raining", and empty out all of your drawers, pull them out, then proceed to stack them saying "I built a tower!" - All of these things I have found him doing in the last 30 minutes.
Ah Kallen, I pray that someday you are able to put all of your energy, ingenuity, and mad hammer skills to good use!!

No comments:

Post a Comment