Sunday, September 26, 2010

Big Boy

Ready or not I put Kallen to bed in his new "big boy" bed tonight. Ok, actually I tried to put him to bed in his new bed and he just cried, so I put him to bed in his crib and once he fell asleep I moved him over. We'll see how our night goes....it makes me a little nervous to think of him wandering around in the dark but I am hoping he'll cry first before he tries to get out of bed.
I didn't really expect this to be an emotional transition, but I have to admit it kind of was. After I moved him over, I glanced back into his nursery and was so sad to see an empty crib. I still feel like it was yesterday that we brought home our tiny little baby and placed him in his crib for the first time! But I guess it really won't be empty for long and "little brother" will be in there....hopefully sleeping the night away!!
Our next step will be naptime tomorrow.....I'll let you know how that goes. :S

2 comments:

  1. He looks so tiny in that bed. Hope he learns to LOVE it! Lij loved showing everybody his big boy bed for a while. As far as the nap time goes. He will get used to the new schedule soon enough , don't worry! Ben sleeps quite a bit right now too and gets cranky if he doesn't get his naps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope it goes ok! Bennett ended up back in the crib for a long while when he started waking up (and getting up) about an hour and a half earlier than he used to in his crib :( He's still to this day an earlier riser than he ever was in his crib!
    But I agree...that seemed like the biggest transition in his little life!

    ReplyDelete