Friday, September 10, 2010

Bad Cook

Do you cook for your family? This is something I am really struggling with. I actually really do like to cook- but I get so bored with cooking the same things all the time and lately I have absolutely no ambition to actually look up something new and different.
During swim season the only times we are together as a family is on the weekends (other than an occasional rare evening during the week). I think that is what is fueling my lack of motivation....what's the point in cooking when it is just Kallen and I?? That and the fact that all I ever want to eat these past few weeks is a bowl of cereal.
So I usually try to come up with something half way healthy for Kallen, I happily pour my bowl of cereal, and my poor husband is left taking hot pockets for lunch everyday and to be honest most of the time I have no idea what he does for supper.
I need a personal meal planner: someone who plans out my meals for the month, writes me a grocery list, and then all I have to do is follow the menu! Yes, I realize this is something I could easily do my self but let's face it- I'm just not going to. So until I find some motivation somewhere, I am going to keep on eating my bowls of cereal and my poor husband will still be fending for himself. (sorry honey :S )

4 comments:

  1. Come to our house! We'll feed you! :) I find it hard cooking full meals when Phil is gone too. What about freezer meals? Then just freeze them individual servings :) We did that a lot last time toward the end of my pregnancy - no energy & appetite. If you need new ideas just let me know, I'd be happy to share :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some great recipes but I'm in the same boat as you. Especially what we said last night...grocery shopping. Grrrr.
    BUT...if you ever do get motivated, or want some weekend recipes, I can give you some good ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would LOVE some new recipies!! And I would be happy to send you guys some of my favorites too! Traci-I should freeze some meals. I've been thinking about that for a while now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found some recipes I'm really excited about from the new Food Network Star. Her show is called Aarti Party and her stuff is really good. Maybe we should get a few of us together and try some fun recipes, like a fun cooking party!!! I'm sure we could go to my mom's house and use her awesome kitchen to whip up a few batches of good eats :)

    ReplyDelete