Thursday, January 20, 2011

Kallen

I haven't done a Kallen update in a while- so I figured it's about time!
Kallen is quickly heading into the "terrible two's" I'm afraid., but despite the recent temper tantrums he is so much fun! He is definitely my little helper, following me around the house and copying everything I do. This includes: folding laundry(he wads clothes up in a ball and puts them in a pile), washing dishes, cooking (I give him his own little pan and spoon and he cooks his toys while I am cooking), burping Lincoln, sweeping the floor (which is why I have switched to vacuuming my kitchen floor because sweeping just does not work with a little boy constantly in your dirt pile), and his favorite is switching the laundry from the washer to the dryer (for this one I actually love his help!).
He has become quite the little climber- nothing is safe anymore no matter where you put it he will find a way to get to it. He is a VERY social child- we can't go anywhere without him say "hi" and "bye bye" to everyone he sees. He also has been known to play peek-a-boo with anyone sitting close by when we got out to eat.....whether they participate or not.
We are working on our "playing with others" skills. Kallen tends to be a bit of a bully- pushing other kids, and ripping toys out of their hands. Most of this happens when I am not around, which leaves me at a loss in knowing how to correct his behavior. :S
He has learned to take FULL advantage of the times when I am nursing Lincoln. He knows that I will be tied down for at least 30min and he heads straight for trouble. Here is the result of me nursing around the corner where I could not see him the other day:
Yes, that is life cereal Everywhere! And look at how proud he is of himself. Little stinker!
Shawn and I are both pretty laid-back people so I am not sure how this happened but we ended up with a strong-willed little boy. He is going to give us a run for our money that's for sure! But as much as I am ready to pull my hair out some days- I love his personality and I would not change it for the world!
He is an AWESOME sleeper! He goes to bed around 7pm (he chose that bedtime we tried to get him to 8) and most mornings sleeps until 7-7:30am. Then he goes down for a good 2-3 hour nap every day around 11. It's wonderful!
His amount of words is endless! Almost everything I say is echoed behind me. :) I have soo many funny stories about him talking, I could post one every day. The other day Shawn was working in the basement and Kallen started to head down to see him, so I hollered "Shawn!" down the stairs to get his attention and let him know Kallen was coming. It only happened once, yet now almost daily Kallen will randomly open the basement door and yell "awn!" then shut the door and go about his day. It is never ending little moments like these that make me LOVE this age!!!
He will eat just about anything- although you just never know what he will like from one day to the next. We only have pizza once a week in our house, yet his favorite thing to say when you ask if he's hungry is "Peepa!!". And if I let him- I do think he would eat pizza every day!
Sorry- this post is getting long. I could talk forever about Kallen. Another hot topic right now is DISCIPLINE but I will leave that for another post.
I will leave you with a picture Shawn snapped Sunday morning during breakfast. And a video of Kallen saying my favorite word right now- Granola Bar. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment