Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Got Milk?

The boys and I ran to Walmart this morning to grab some groceries and Kallen actually did great!! (he has been having major meltdowns while I'm shopping lately) We got back to the house, pulled into the garage, and I opened the door to get Lincoln out when I noticed a white liquid dripping from under the seat. I leaned down a little closer to figure out what it was and it hit me- MILK! I quickly put Lincoln in the house, got Kallen out of his carseat, took a deep breath, and opened the back door......my entire gallon of milk was floating around the trunk of our Santa Fe. Luckily we have a plastic liner (is that what you call those things?) which seems to have caught most of it, so things definately could have been worse.
I let Kallen play around outside while I started doing some damage control on our poor trunk (the culprit- our ice scraper! The milk had fallen over and landed right on the corner of the metal scraper part). I had just pulled out the liner and was getting ready to start soaking up milk out of the carpet when Kallen started screaming. His little hands were bright red and full of snow (mother of the year award) and he was in pain. So I tried to remember what you are suppose to do- and I ran them under cool water then wrapped them in a towel.
Meanwhile, deciding he was hungry, Lincoln started crying so now I had 2 little boys screaming at the top of their lungs. I got Kallen's lunch ready (opted for the fastest thing I could think of= a cheese quesadilla) and got him situated while I sat down to feed Lincoln with the neglected milk still dripping out of our car. I so badly wanted to sit there and feel frusterated and angry but I had this little baby that kept looking up at me and smiling from ear to ear and cooing at me. How can I stay angry when those innocent blue eyes are staring at me saying "lets play mommy!"
All of a sudden the milk seemed like no big deal at all! I got Kallen down for a nap, (he hugged me, kissed me, and said "luh u mommy, nigh nigh!" without me proding him at all!) sat down to finish feeding Lincoln, and found myself sitting there thinking about what a blessing children really are! They flash these beautiful smiles that seriously make everything else seem very small. Their little voices drown out all of the sounds around you and their giggles will put an instant smile on anyone's face!
I am SOO blessed with these two beautiful boys God has given us and I find myself learning so much from them every single day!
Well, I am headed back out to do some more damage control- thank God it is cold outside and not 90 degrees where the milk would instantly start to spoil. If any of you have tips on how to clean milk out of your car- let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment