Thursday, December 2, 2010

What Happened??

Where did the month of November go?
I feel like it was just yesterday that we came home with our new little baby- not sure how Kallen would react or what the next few weeks would bring. It is amazing how quickly you adapt to having a new baby around and next thing you know- you cannot imagine life without them!
Lincoln is already such a blessing to our lives! I prayed for a layed back baby and so far it seems that is just what he is! Poor little guy spends most of his days lying in the pack-n-play because his mommy is busy with his big brother who seems to demand ALOT of attention. But he doesn't seem to mind at all- he is perfectly content to just hang out wherever!
We do have a few challenges though: Lincoln is a spitter. You have to watch out because you just never know when that lovely white stuff will come shooting out of his mouth and nose. Kallen never really spit up so this is new territory for me.
Also- I am still having a lot of trouble getting Lincoln to burp after he eats. This results in lots of gas and some tummy aches. I am up for any suggestions you guys may have! I have tried burping him on my shoulder, rubbing his back, face down over my legs, and rotating his little legs while he lays on his back. We occasionally get a burp but not very often. I have also eliminated dairy from my diet which does seem to have helped with the upset tummy. Bummer for me but worth it for now. :)
We did get some GREAT news this week! Lincoln had his cardiology appointment on Tuesday and THEY DID NOT FIND A HEART MURMUR!!! This was exactly what we were praying for and I was so excited to hear the doctor say he was just fine!! They weighed him while we were there and my tiny little boy who started out at 5lbs 12oz a few weeks ago weighed 8lbs 4 oz! I think we may have a little chunker on our hands...his brother did not gain quite that fast. :)
All in all things are going really well around our house! I am LOVING life with 2 boys! And although it presents its challenges- the good far outweighs the bad! Yes there are days when I am completely exhausted, yes I am sleep deprived, yes there may be times when I go a little too long without a shower, yes there are days where I really have no recollection of what I ate (if I ate anything) the entire day, but then there are the sweet moments like when Kallen thinks Lincoln needs to kiss his finger whenever it is hurt, or the countless times throughout the day that Kallen wants to hold his brother and then he just sits there stroking his head. (I'm pretty sure that is the biggest run-on sentence ever) I love watching my boys bond already and I can't wait to see what the next few months will bring as Lincoln becomes more alert and able to respond!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm so excited that everything's okay! I've been praying about Lincolns murmur and am so thankful that he's fine! I can't wait to see those boys!

    ReplyDelete